Welcome to the 2017-2018 CYO of Long Island Program Year
Thank you for volunteering your time as a CYO Coordinator. You have the unique opportunity to make an impact on the youth of your parish. With this privilege comes responsibility. As a Coordinator, you have a responsibility to your teams, your parish, and the league, CYO of Long Island. Coordinators & coaches should know the expectations of their parish and are expected to know and follow the rules and modifications of CYOLI, and to adhere to all dates and deadlines outlined for that sport. The CYO website (www.cyons.org) has ALL forms and Program Information for the CYO 2017-18 Program Year. Please refer to The CYO Calendar, Sport Modifications, Game Schedules, (under Sports) Venue directions for information. Approved Rosters, Coaches & Officials phone lists will be forwarded (via email) after schedules are completed and published.
1) To Register a Parish Team: Forms needed - Parish Registration, Team Registration,
Gym / Field Availability and Rosters can be found on our website under FORMS
2) Coaches Responsibilities: Read CYO Coaches Welcome Letter. Play all games as scheduled. Schedule any unscheduled games. Report scores within 72 hours. Have a copy of the CYO Coaches phone list for their league, as well as the CYO Officials list. Download the CYO Rules & Modifications and follow them for their level of play.
3) Coaches Sanctioning: All CYO Coaches NEED to attend (or have already attended) a CYO Coaches Sanctioning Workshop. Coaches who are not sanctioned by CYO will not be able to have their teams participate in CYO post season playoffs. There is now the option to use our online coaches’ workshop at www.cyons.org. All non-sanctioned coaches will be suspended from coaching in future CYONS program years.
4) Schedules: Can be found on the CYO website (www.cyons.org) under SPORTS Any game date of 1/01- 1/2 is a game TO BE ARRANGED (TBA) and MUST be scheduled ASAP by BOTH coaches. If a coach is having difficulties in scheduling or not getting cooperation from an opposing coach you MUST contact your Recreation Specialist immediately to report it. All games MUST be scheduled by "The Last Day to Schedule Unscheduled Games" as per the CYO Program Schedule and Calendar.
6) Rosters / Waivers: Rosters are due on the date listed on the Program Schedule... Waivers are necessary if a player does not reside within parish boundaries or go to your parish school. Waivers must be submitted with rosters. No waivers will be accepted after the season start date. Additions to the roster may be made until date listed on CYO calendar. A player must be on a CYO "approved" roster, prior to playing in a CYO contest.
Any questions please call Maryellen Cain Ext. 20.
7) Sportsmanship: Teams who fail to submit Sportsmanship ballots will be ineligible for the CYO playoffs or sportsmanship awards. (www.cyons.org under forms)
8) Official’s Evaluation: Forms are available to coaches. Please evaluate your official(s) for each game and mail or fax to CYO. In the event an official is late or does not show up to officiate a contest, please contact CYO Immediately.
Information on registration dates, program start & finish, playoff dates, etc… can be found on the CYO Program Schedule 2017-2018