Welcome Officials – The CYO of Long Island (2017 – 2018) Program Year
CYO requires that you complete the following information from our website and return it to our office via email, fax or mail in order to officiate for CYO:
- A NEW Registration form
- Virtus Training Certificate (This is a one time requirement. If your certificate is already on file, please disregard )
- W-9 form (If we have this on file in the office there is no need to submit unless information has changed)
- Direct Deposit form –Starting this year it is MANDATORY that everyone receive payment by Direct Deposit. (If we have your Direct Deposit on file in the office there is no need to submit unless information has changed)
All officials are assigned to a "home base" region, based on where you live. That region is coordinated by our Recreational Specialists. Refer to our web site and find the proper region and Rec. Spec. who will assign games.
The production of paper schedules will be decided by the individual Recreation Specialist.
Please communicate and understand the business practices of your particular assigner.
CYO EXPECTATIONS include:
- Arriving at a CYO Contest 15 minutes before scheduled game time.
- Must review all CYO Policy and Modifications, and have them at all CYO Contests.
- Communicate and confirm CYO games with home teams.
- Do not give or accept a CYO game assignment from another official without CYO Approval
- NEVER accept fees at a game - Official Reimbursement must be issued by the CYO office
- All Technical fouls and Uniform Violations MUST be reported to CYO ASAP
- Accepting a CYO Game (verbally / written) is a Contractual Agreement - CYO expects all officials to honor their contract, or fines will be assessed to noncompliant officials.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact your primary assigner:
Region 1 & 2 … Sue x 11
Region 3 Stacy… x 12
Region 4 Ginny … x 22
Region 5 Elaine … x 21
All Regions … Mary Lou x 15
When assigning games for High School programs, efforts are made to assign Varsity certified officials, pending their availability.
CYO looks forward to working with you for the 2017-2018 Program Year.
Please schroll down for information regarding Virtus Training.
You will need Adobe acrobat to read and print "pdf" files.